Canon Christopher

A rather emotional day. I have been "at" 3 Masses. Fisher House, Skype with Ann - Melbourne in lockdown again. Mark and Sarah got home in time. La Boheme from Met and Royal Opera house! Time to try something different I think much as I love Puccini. What a beautiful tribute to Canon Christopher. The eulogy and homily were just so him. The music too "Abide with me" alluded to, Liebster Jesu of Bach, Nimrod which moved me so much (after all this music is about my friend pictured within) and Bach C minor Fantasia. Rest in peace - we will miss you so much. We both cried during Nimrod. Now I know why Canon Christopher always appeared on a Friday afternoon when I was on duty as a welcomer. He had come from the Passage. The vision of him saying Mass in Portuguese for the sisters is delightful. Who was reading at the Mass? Good to see Fr Swavek there. 
 Interesting BBC programmes on Sussex and Birmingham and Liverpool authors Books that made Britain series. Very concerned at the number of musicians furloughed or summarily dismissed. The Church needs to treat people properly. An excellent Zoom to mark London Charterhouse's centenary 107 present! And we heard the Catenian anthem - never heard that before although Norwood had copies! Bake off and Gareth Malone was very moving!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil