Agrippina

The still small voice from Elijah and Lift thine eyes Mendelssohn. Jerry changed the first reading to |Elijah. The other music today was slow movement Mendelssohn 6 and March from Henry V Walton. We remembered Mary Sumner founder of the Mother's Union. I was tempted to play Jerusalem but we don't want people to sing! I find my mask makes me feel very hot and stuffy so I will try a disposable one next week! Liz got me a plastic hook arrangement so it does not go over my ears. Lovely prom Benedetti trio Brahms 2015. In 2015 I wrote  Lovely Cadogan Hall prom Brahms piano trio and Sierra with Nichola Benedetti and Leonard Elschenbroich with Alexei Grynyuk. Agrippina from the Met. It was riveting at the cinema.  TV Superb Mahler 8 NYO 2002 conducted by Sir Simon Rattle. Britten Variations on a theme of Frank Bridge from prom in honour of Richard Hickox. Colin Matthews No man's land very effective. Ian Bostridge and Roderick Williams. iN 2011 I wrote To pre-Prom talk with members of Polyphony and London Sinfonia trombone and cello. The Britten variations on a theme of Frank Bridge beautifully played (score). The Colin Matthews No man's land a world premiere. Lovely singing from Ian Bostridge and stand-in baritone but diction not good. Mozart Requiem disappointing - group of soloists not a choir tenors and sops too loud, Basses excellent. Soprano solo too much vibrato. Stephen Layton has a great reputation but this time the enlarged choir did not respond - how much rehearsal did they have? Did my exercises despite the heat and Gallery prommers zoom. My green trousers very tight round my middle! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil