Ernani

Music today just posted reflected our anniversary tomorrow. Bach, RVW and Karg-Elert. Oh the joys of mask wearing! I wore it for the service but tried to take it off for the communion piece. It got tangled in my hearing aid which got twisted so I couldn't get it back in so that had to wait until after the final voluntary. So operating on one hearing aid! Organists please advise on a lighter cooler mask please! I was home by 11.30. Iestyn Davies and Purcell Prom. 2009. 1983 Ernani from Met. Pavarotti, Sherrill Milnes, Leona Mitchell, Raimondi. There's a lot of brown again! I listened to the Radio 4 Sunday comments on the Sheffield cathedral choir sacking. Hugh Morris did the RSCM and singers no favours by supporting the Dean who was vague. Throughout my 30 circuits of the garden in glorious sunshine the house backing onto us which is rented was spewing out music and barbecue fumes. Zoom Prommers, good to hear St Bart's had a cantor singing a new Mass setting! BBC4 Chineke with Sheku Dvorak,  Popper, Rimsky-Korsakov and an excellent soprano Jeanine De Bique. Hickox conducting In the south (used my score for the first time!) Bliss Colour symphony.  I once got Sir Arthur's autograph and told him his Royal Fanfares were played at our wedding. Now it's Belshazzar which I have sung a lot. Bryn Terfel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil