Carmen

Thursday did some more weeding of the shelves in preparation for the West Hill stock which should arrive soon. Liz got fish and chips from McDermotts and we ate it at Grandma's. She had had her hair done and was looking forward to Gordon's visit today. I watched most of "Carmen" from Covent Garden on HDD. The tenor Jonas Kaufman was outstanding both singing and dramatically. Liz spotted a boy she knows from St Helen's school in the cast. The production was excellent. Also saw start of programme on Pavarotti in 7 arias.
Jay Cormier's meditation today in "Daily reflections for Advent & Christmas 2007-8" is about moments of revelation like the moment the disciples first met Jesus. Such a moment for me was when singing Don Basilio in Figaro and the audience laughed in the first act trio when I sang "Ah how delightful". After months of preparation and rehearsal this was a wonderful moment and life was never the same again! Yesterday I was back at the pool and did 34 lengths in 34 minutes. Today only 30. Saw Raphael who had driven to Poland for Christmas. I knocked my head on the hand drier in the loo - washed it and left it to heal. The skin was lifted and it looks worse than it is I hope!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil