Kevin Munro's funeral

40 lengths yesterday and 31 today. Did some shopping in Tescos including flowers to welcome Liz home tomorrow - hurrah! To St Joseph's Bromley for the funeral - good Catenian turnout. Lovely booklet with lots of family photos. His sons spoke very well and so did Deacon Duncan Aitkins. Beforehand a CD of Canteloube Songs of the Auvergne was played and at the end the lovely flute solo from Carmen. 3 great hymns "Dear Lord and Father" "Holy, holy, holy" and "It came upon the midnight clear". I played the Kyrie from the Hummel Mass in D minor at communion. The Conacher is a small organ and the pedal stop ciphered in the first hymn. It was a lovely service and very moving - it reminded me of Mum and Dad's funeral.
I actually followed the hearse as I drove back to get the train and I was at work by 2 p.m.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil