St Cecilia's Day

Swam 30! Listened to Liverpool cathedral evensong from yesterday - Vaughan Williams, Whitlock and Howells - who could ask for better on this special day! So sad about the General Synod decision against women bishops - how disappointing and out of touch can you be? Went in good time to rehearse for Mass as Westminster cathedral tour was off (pity about that as I had bought the guidebook but maybe I can volunteer as a verger/guide next year). Ended up rehearsing harmonies of Praise my soul and Hail redeemer King divine. The psalm which was about singing was said - why? Jerry is lazy that's why! 2 plainchant chunks sung by soloists from gallery. We did not even run through Proulx Alleluia! Fr Michael Barnes gave a brilliant homily on interfaith - first time I have ever heard one at Mass. To coffee and chat about Synod decision. Took my cartoon to Lion office and met Daniel Tripp at last - he edits culture features. My review of art exhibitions is published! To library and lots of reading. I couldn't eat my main course - too much pepper or chili so I told the staff and they offered an alternative but by then I'd had enough.  Damian came about the dissertation subject which should have been in in October but he seems relaxed about it. I said I'd talk to Michael about the body in spirituality idea and he came up with some interesting suggestions. I got 58 for my coursework which is fine and style is OK. Watched Young Apprentice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil