Epiphany

Alan arrived.Tuk tuk with Fr Renato to 7am Mass at our Lady of the Immaculate Conception. Overhead projector on screen for the Mass texts but not the hymns which came out of a book containing Christmas Polka and secular songs. Gloria and Alleluia replaced by choruses. Priest spoke well but it all seeemed rather formal. We met the parish priest. We went to Holy Redeemer Prem's church where the service was just ending in English so we saw the 3 kings from the Sunday school. I sketched them during the Tamil service and we were given a tour of the medical camp, girls fellowship, youth fellowship and met the delightful Tamil choir. Then to outreach project at Navalore where there was a tent next to the little church. Singing, dancing, gifts (nice bowls), speeches. I liked Ivor's JOY Jesus, others, you but I think he should get a translator. He tends to just do his own thing and start singing. We had sandwiches in the bus and returned for the Epiphany carol service which was really a concert involving beautifully  and too long.dressed choirs from different churches. Our group sang As with gladness and I accompanied on the keyboard. Tunde preached - lots of gesture not much substance. Procession in the street to the manger outside the church singing We three kings in English and Tamil - I think I am happy to give that a rest. I presented Prem and Deb with the two mosaics - I also gave Xavier one. We were given handmade cloths - lovely. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil