Serving at the confirmation

:Liz is thurifer and I am mitre. Oddly I did not feel as though I had been to Mass. I hardly heard the readings or homily. Don't know why because Paul shows exactly what to do! Arrived at church to be met by Paul and Hayley. He announced he is leaving. Apparently some people have complained to the patrons whoever they are and he is going. He is fed up with John and we agreed he is impossible. It is confidential at the moment. Carrie confirmed it after service. It's a blow and I might need to consider my position as an interregnum will not funny and the church might close if the money runs out. It is of course very convenient. The flies in the ointment are the tuning of the organ and the treasurer!
I gave Paul 2 magazines which he was pleased about "Music and liturgy" and PMM newsletter. I wonder if he will go to Rome?
I played Willan on Bishopthorpe and Song 34 and Hurford on Song 34. For a change I played the Intermezzo from Cavaliera rusticana which Andrew liked. He returned my New York stuff and is going in January. At the end I played the John Cook Paean on Divinum mysterium which got a clap!
To South Bank for a lovely lunch at Giraffe. I had chicken kiev and lemon and blueberry pudding. The service was excellent and only a 15 minute wait for a table. Joined the Gallery Prommers and nice to see them again. There were 10 of us. The Philharmonia played Bax Tintagel, Walton cello concerto with Stephen Isserlis and Vaughan Williams 5. 2 lovely endings and silences in one concert. Bravo John Wilson  - why does the BBC only use him for musicals? They were going for a Chinese but we came home. Watched Kiss me Kate from the Proms, Still open all hours, Call the midwife and Robert Hardy as Churchill. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil