Iftar

We sang Alan Smith's Like the murmur and I played Bach variations on Christ lag and Alan Ridout on This joyful Eastertide. Excellent Fr Richard Peers from Liverpool talked to the children about icons and taught everyone the Jesus prayer. To St Paul's to hear Joan Taylor speak on "What did Jesus look like?" Certainly middle-Eastern, scruffy and unkempt (says Origen) not the perfect robes of a white English Jesus which we have imposed on other cultures! Songs of Praise junior and senior choirs - sack the judges! Why no judge with choral experience? Tring Park are NOT a choir. I liked the Bax choir. Well done Francis Holland - lovely tone. At evensong Stanford in B flat and Attwood. Heard end of Chopin concert. Still no change in dynamics from Max. Interfaith iftar at Hyderi I was dropping off - the ladies spoke well. Julian Bond was there. I slipped on station steps and sprained my left elbow. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil