A busy week

My diary shows a busy week. Catenian circle council meeting on Monday. Tuesday to the closing of an exhibition at the Pump House gallery in Battersea Park. The idea here was for 5 artists to take over the gallery as a studio and interact with the public. It wasn't until I chatted to one of them that I began to see the point! His interest is birds and he linked the silent attack of the sparrowhawk with the silent attack of the V2 bomber in the area.
Then I went to the Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual month event at Putney library. I met and invited Louise Tondeur to our library reading group. They will love her dry humour. We saw an interesting but overlong presentation of cuttings about gays in the 1950s and 1960s - some shocking stuff! The press were very homophobic.
Liz passed her audition for the Verdi requiem concert. The conductor has insisted that everyone be auditioned specially for this concert! As we could probably sing the Verdi requiem in our sleep, words fail me!
Today I started to sort out the music in the study and found some interesting items from the past not least Father Peter's lovely letter to us when we left Addiscombe.
Brother Pat Edelston of the Norwood Catenian circle died. I am so glad Liz and I were able to visit him in Mayday Hospital. I was very fond of his dry humour and it was sad to see him lose his old fire as he grew older and weaker. Still we both enjoyed my visit! I have offered to play for his funeral on the 27th.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It was the Catenians who sponsorred me to go to World Youth Day in Canada which had such an enormous effect on me. I owe a lot to their sponsorship and hope they will sponsor young people to WYD in Australia in 2008. The report I wrote on the experience, that really did change my life, is on the internet somewhere.

Without wanting to ramble on, it's perhaps interesting that that report really should be the beginning of my blog as that's where my real enjoyment of the Faith began.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil