An extraordinary day Part 1

I went down to Coulsdon to see Vickie, the "vicar". Had an excellent discussion and finished off music list for March and Holy Week. Still have to do Easter season. I drove back to Brixton (I had taken Liz to school earlier and done 30 lengths of the pool!). I parked and could see no signs saying one could not park there. Having locked the keys in the car (Liz had the spare, the gritters told me I needed a permit and the fine was £85. I rang Liz on the mobile at school and the headmaster kindly went to check while I went off on the bus. Alas too late! But we will dispute this fine. Liz says there was one sign on a building, but there was nothing on the road side.
I arrived at the Centre for Spirituality at 2 p.m. We heard an excellent recorded talk by Gerry Pierce. Maturity is finding a balance between the physical, the social and the transcendent. This can be applied to any situation. For instance, at work in the library the social is the strongest and the transcendent might get a look in if I'm feeling brave!
To be continued!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil