An extraordinary day Part 3

It is now Sunday and at last I can finish my account of Wednesday! I went to Heythrop College in Kensington for an open evening about MAs. Liz and I studied there for a year with Fr Tom Creagh-Fuller when we did the Archbishops' Certificate in Church Music. It has a wonderful library. There was a fine buffet and wine! Fr McDade welcomed us and we heard a talk by a graduate. It is a daunting prospect to take a part-time degree. 3 of us met with Anthony Mahony about the M.A. in interreligious studies. He lectures on Christian/Muslim relations. The whole subject fascinates me especially as I knpw so little about other faiths. Talking to Muslim staff has encouraged me to find out more and attending the Wandsworth Interfaith network last year fascinated me. The course is held on mondays 6 to 8 so by adjusting my timetabel at the library I could go then. Course notes are given out in advance so no searching the library for elusive books! I skipped the library tour to talk to a graduate who had done the Pastoral liturgy course. She too is an organist. This is a Tuesday afternoon session so if I did undertake it, it would have to be after retirement. Fr Kevin Donovan who have met at memorable Society of St Gregory summer schools is one of the lecturers. I have already studied much that the course covers so I really think a new direction is called for here and of course it fits with interfaith work for the Cathedral!
I fell asleep on the train and ended up at West Croydon with a cold wait for a train back to meet Liz. How I wish that stations were announced on the train on every journey - how the partially sighted manage I cannot imagine! Same thing happened on Thursday night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil