Advent spirituality day

What a blessed day! I spoke to Ann on Skype and went to Homebase to get paint for Liz as she is redecorating Grandma's house while she is in hospital. She did not have the procedure today but Louise and Bruce visited her. Liz was on sacristy duty at the cathedral. Fr Paul Fox from Chelmsford led the spirituality day. It was lovely to see everyone again as I missed last month as a result of the fall. There were also some new faces and I sold some CDs!
Paul spoke about Kairos time and ordinary time and the need to wait patiently. I went to confession with him and he was wonderful. It is such a joy to lay the burden down and start again. Paul works in prisons so has a wealth of experience.
The final Sharing in his life session was attended by 7 and they enjoyed it. 3 of the group had been to the Holy Land and spoke of the moving experiences in the desert and in Galilee. Hannah gave me a wooden rosary from Bethlehem. I've never been given a rosary before and I am so happy to know that we are supporting our Christian brothers in Palestine.
I served at Mass and discovered that James knows Daniel Beach! James was received as a Catholic at Easter and is a King's Cambridge graduate and teaches in Cambridge with Naomi. He grew up in Bromley.
To chorus where Robert Dean rehearsed carols. I picked up the car at West Norwood and drove home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil