Monday

Forgot to say that evensong yesterday was from St John's College, Cambridge and included lovely Otcenas by Janacek with harp! 36 lengths today and tai chi was good as well - Tony was back. I gave out invites to library's silver circle reading group First Fridays 2 - 3.30 p.m. Very good reaction to Saturday's reading group session and the photos. Micky brought in Fr Michael a Comboli father now at the local RC church. He is an Islamic scholar and wants to come to the interfaith group which will be great! My PRP assessment is full of glowing praise - let's hope I get the matching payment! Watched University challenge and How to build a cathedral in the BBC4 mediaeval series. I went through the Proms programme on the BBC website and was impressed as increased organ music - lots of Messiaen who is not my cup of tea. I am considering promming again. Such a shame the chorus is not singing this year. Incidentally Angela Young has a scene at the Proms in "Speaking of love". Facebook expanding to include well-known organists as friends! Humphrey announced he was campaigning for Boris in the GLC elections. I said "He's nuts". H. reckons electric cars will come in 5 years time and the congestion charge is just a tax and makes no difference to traffic. I say we must stop using our cars so much with fuel prices rocketing and the planet being destroyed! This on a day when I took the old car to the station because I was running late and I thought Liz would not be home in time from the cathedral to pick me up - tut, tut!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil