Tony Blair


To training on security - 4 of us went and reactions differed. We will need to review our procedures and shred lots of paper! To the cathedral for the first of the Cardinal's lectures. Sat next to a lady from Our Lady of Victories, Kensington where we were married and also saw Elizabeth Simon from Southfields and Andrew who was on the Orthodox spirituality course with me. Lots of noisy protesters outside and their noise rather worked against their anti-war cause. Problems with the P.A. system. Tony Blair spoke really well on "Faith and globalisation" and the work of his new Foundation for interfaith. The Abbot of Worth, Jonathan Aitken, etc were there.

Comments

Peter Simpson said…
I'm sorry - at first I thought you were on security duty at the Cathedral - I was going to congratulate you on your promotion!

I am pleased that the lecture was good. I'm surprised the Cardinal didn't invite me to give one of them (given my recent promotion)!
And what would your subject be your eminence? I was amused on Sunday - I had Liz's key round my neck with her pass card and someone in the confessions queue asked me if I worked at the cathedral. I rang up Fr Michael - he had thought he wsa due in the box an hour later!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil