Chrism Mass and Mendelssohn


To Chrism Mass at 12 noon. Ended up being communion torch with Liz. The MacMillan St Anne's setting and Galloway Gloria worked well. It was packed and the Cardinal got 2 claps. Deacon Kassa was carrying the oils. One of the deacons smiled as Fr Michael gave me the chalice and held my candle! The MacMillan Ave verum was thrilling. I was back at work by 2.15 p.m. and worked on PRP and game plan estimates. To Power station for presentation by Red Bull about their August motorcycle event. Got a lift to the station so early at Croydon Parish church. Went for a walk - what a grim area. When I play for the all night July marathon I will take the car. Croindene sang Mendelssohn cantata Aus teifer not beautifully. There were poems by John Donne - would have liked to have had the text to follow. Martin How and Colin Boswell asked after Bruce. Julie and David Smith and Tony Trent greeted me. 14 in congregation. Home to find a parking place in the road despite the match and Liz arrived too. Watched "All the small things" episode 2. Cardinal told the priests at lunch he had had lunch with the Queen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil