Mass of welcome

Got to the cathedral at 4.15 and found a good place on the centre aisle. Liz was serving - the rehearsal was on Wednesday so I could not do that. Several servers were in the congregation including 2 Michaels and Tony. A very fat man sat next to me but eventually he moved up which was a relief. The choir rehearsed and the cathedral was full! Splendid Bruckner Ecce sacerdos and I had a good view of the pectoral cross. The 3 pontificals were carried in procession and mentioned in the homily Cardinal St John Fisher, Cardinal Pole and Cardinal Allen. Schubert Mass in G, Victoria Te Deum, Mawby Ave verum. At the end Widor Marche pontificale. I saw sister from Heythrop and Ann Welch who said how much she enjoyed the Buddhist centre visit. I then went straight to the V and A but found the tunnel entrance closed and a huge queue in the rain. As the Islamic art meetup group were meeting at 6.30 and it was then 7.30 and I do not know anyone in the group I abandoned it and came home. Liz arrived later from the reception. Several priests smiled at me on the way out including Bishop John and Swavek, Brian was there too. Apparently Fr Tony was most concerned to see me in the congregation! HIs golden jubilee falls on May 24th which will be President's Saturday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil