Rodelinda

I played Faure Apres un reve and Pavane before service - a departure for me and it seemed right for a family Eucharist. Farrell's Share the light went well on organ rather than piano. Paul forgot first hymn and put it in before the readings - the dreaded Blaenwern. Then he said now we sing the Gloria - No we don't! Servant song, Father we adore you and Shine Jesus shine. Bonighton's Ordinary time more or less made a good ending. I have now stamped all the music I am taking over and got 2 boxes from the cathedral for the items to be sold. I have taken my files of hymn tune preludes and index to church. Met Liz at Victoria and we had a delicious brunch at Le Pain Quotidien - I had smoked salmon, egg, pain au chocolat, yoghurt, breads, orang juice and cappuccino. Quite delicious. To ENO for Rodelinda - a clever production and superb singing. The end of Act 2 duet was a high point. My hat was at the stage door! I was lucky as I lost it on Jan 29th and they normally dispose of the items after one month. Parked at Kent House. Came home in time for Call the midwife.
Liz serving at Mass of thanksgiving by the Cardinal. Dvorak. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil