Temple church

To doctor Ojo who sucked wax out of my ears and showed a 2nd year student how to do it. Liz went to osteopath and I went to St Mary Abchurch. Ian Shaw played Bach loudly and rather sloppily. He also played Handel and Hylton Stewart at which point I left to get to St Mary at Hill to hear James Johnstone playing Bohm, CPE Bach, Sweelinck and Scheidermann. A very good player and Liz joined me there. We went to the Angel and walked along the Regent's canal to visit Jean in her new abode at Bridgeside Lodge nursing home where she has a nice view of the canal. Her neighbour Jenny came. Liz went to Acton and I got the 4 bus to the Temple church for evensong for the Annunciation. Excellent choir although one alto tended to anticipate Roger Sayer's beat. Parry prelude on Eventide, Tavener, Burgon and Robert Parsons. Whitlock Paean on the refurbished organ. The Lord Mayor Master Woolf was there and they went off to dinner in their finery. Car was at Selhurst as our journey home last night was disrupted and we came via East Croydon.  I watched Come dine with me and then to Gatwick to pick up Bruce and EJ back from Haghada and El Gouda in Egypt. Both look very well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil