Call the midwife

Miserable weather. I played part of Franck Choral No. 3. The children read well. Amused by Fr Jerry's talk on Mary's selfies. It was not a great day as had to change shoes to go to hall for choir practice and seemed to run out of time. I had been pleased with the Franck but only got to pay about 3 pages of it! Liz had a badly cut flat tire just after leaving church this morning. Called the breakdown who were quick and helpful. Fine but then they found there was no spare. We've only had the car about seven months and had absolutely no idea about this. I have complained as we were certainly not informed of this. Luckily I was taken home after leaving the car at a tire place as our normal one and others being shut on Sundays. Dennis brought me home from the station. I checked the oven and then walked down to near the tire place with credit cards. Wet and windy. Lovely chicken with orange, turmeric and fennel for lunch. Worked on jigsaw. At evensong we sang And the glory of the Lord  and prosecco at vicarage. Max very pleased that 12 youngsters are to join the choir.  Bob gave us a lift and I slipped and fell but seem to be OK. Call the midwife came to an end for the moment - sob! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil