Ash Wednesday

To Mass at Addiscombe and an excellent homily from Fr Keith. At coffee afterwards had a good chat with Agnes. Watched programme about George Benjamin and his operas. Choral evensong from the Temple church. After the prayers we are suddenly plunged into a modern piece which appears not to be listed. Is it MacMillan? Pity not to have the Allegri. Gareth Tresedar contacted me. It was commissioned by the Temple last year. It's about time Southern stopped using such long trains at quiet times. I missed my train because I could not get down the platform then the whole train pulled out. The back carriages were lit but locked. Why? It is not conserving energy. Going to Caterham first train late so just missed connection at Purley then a delay because of signals. I got there in the end but I can do without the stress. We sang Sweelinck Miserere and I played Andriessen on Aus der tiefe and Willan and Peeters on Aberystwyth. Now on buses going home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil