Henry

In the end I took Henry swimming and he did well! They set off for Ireland despite wind and hurricane Dennis. Cardinal Donald Wuerl at Mass. Huddersfield youth choir sang Haydn and Palestrina. Cardinal Vincent introduced him and the team did very well. He thanked all of us personally and I told him I had played the organ in the Anglican Washington cathedral but not the RC one. He is a controversial figure,
Sunday Horrible weather. We sang Fairest Lord Jesus arranged Martin How. I played Sidney Campbell Impromptu on a French church melody Grafton and the Dorian fugue. Met Vi Nightingale's daughter and son-in-law. She was 92 and still singing! Storm Dennis definitely worse than last Sunday. Socks and trousers changed on reaching home and my spare socks in my rucksack were too wet to use when I reached church! Better start building the ark. Elaine was being bossy again! Liz upset about Trevor's funeral but Adrian confirmed we are singing on Thursday so the boys will go to Dunraven school camp for the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil