Tier 4

 I did manage to listen to St Martin's walk in St James Park, Walsingham morning prayer, Blackfriars and Belmont Abbey retreat on Love. It was brilliant and was based on St John and Christina Rossetti. And Mass from St John's. I did a thorough clean expecting Liz home at around 3. In the end there was a problem with removing the line and bleeding. So Monday or Tuesday. Dennis got home safely and spoke to Dr Wrench. You can imagine I am feeling a bit frustrated but I take comfort from today's retreat at Belmont Abbey about Love focusing on Christina Rossetti and St John. It was lovely to hear the O antiphon at Vespers. When asked about favourite carols I said "In the bleak midwinter" Darke, Beside Thy cradle here I stand (Bach) Sing lullaby, O little one sweet (Bach) Three kings Cornelius among many others. I also commented that Christmas makes us recall the awe and wonder we had as children as we hear again the story and the carols and it reminds me so much of Dad getting ready so carefully for the Christmas Eve carol service. We would collect rocks to make the crib in the church. It all started with King's on World service. On return from Midnight Mass at which I was boat boy Father Christmas had come and presents were opened! Being on my own reminds me of Mum in the nursing home when Ann was born and Dad (who we reckon never cooked anything) arranging 5 Christmas dinners with friends! We now know Christmas will be very quiet indeed as grandsons are now to be feared (awful ridiculous idea!) and Bojo has spoken. I am glad I got David to play for me on Christmas Day. We are now in tier 4. Bill Bailey the organist won Strictly. Finally spoke to Liz she had lost her phone in the bed. Watched Come dine with me but tired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil