Health and safety

Thursday and Friday course at Putney for health and safety reps. Quite interesting although one of the rooms was noisy and hot. I tried my hearing aids for one morning but they make my ears feel tired. Thursday to lunch at Wetherspoons pub The Railway in Putney - lamb mint burger and non-alcoholic lager for under £5. Pub has a small model railway at ceiling height. I found the jokey atmosphere of the dustmen, stonemason a bit trying. Health and safety is a serious matter and we were there to learn. The role play was interesting. To exhibition at the wellcome collection "From atoms to patterns; crystal structure designs from the 1951 Festival of Britian. To chorus and Edward Caswell rehearsing "Elijah". Terry Edwards was there - he is advising on new chorus master.
Friday had a picnic at lunch time and read Arthur Wills's autobiography (which needs an editor). I met him once when I visited Ely cathedral in 1973.
Friday to Lighthouse pub for farewell to Calix. Doris did him proud with lovely card and theatre tokens and Italian dictionary and eats. Sat in sunshine but no food until 6 so got sandwiches on way to Coulsdon. Had a good practice and to my surprise John (bass) came so we worked on new items.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil