Back trouble

To swim on Tuesday and staff meetings including a training session for casuals. Liz went to Chiswick and when I left the house to go and pick her up my back really "went". This meant I spent 2 days on a chair watching TV and reading. All movement slow and awkward. The medicine the doctor prescribed last Friday contains opium so had to be ordered specially! It is a powerful painkiller. I caught up on "The Tablet" and watched Covent Garden Prokofiev "Romeo and Juliet" with Carlos Acosta, an odd programme about Jesus in Kashmir, islands with Martin Clunes, The seasons from the Proms and the history of the English Bible. I missed Norman Harper playing at St Michael's, Thomas Wilson playing Dupre at the cathedral (Liz went) and most annoying of all "Peter Grimes" at ENO which Liz went to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil