Peter Wright

To Unison committee meeting - quite short this time. I reported on asbestos and swine flu under health and safety. To St Michael's for organ recital by Peter Wright. Muffat, Bach Prelude and fugue in C, Hollins Song of sunshine which is a lollipop, Vierne Feux follets and Demessieux Te Deum (she used to play in high heels!). Liz was there having had her haircut. Grandma OK. Had coffee and cakes with Peter, Adrian and Graham. Passed on compliments to the Dean for yesterday's sermon. I have finished Jill Dawson's remarkable novel about Rupert Brooke "The great lover". This explores many themes especially sex and death. Not for the easily shocked!

Comments

Edbowie said…
I wonder if you ever consider what deceased organists that you wish you had heard in person. Demessieux is certainly on my list. Apparently, Dupre fell out with her when she became to be regarded as having a superior technique to him !
2 people at Croydon had her in person. Bairstow and Bach would be my choice!
Edbowie said…
Yes, Bairstow would be on my list too. Apparently, his Psalm accompaniment and improvisation was something special.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil