A fine Saturday

Up early and long chat to Ann on Skype. A lovely day so enjoyed picnic in the park - lots of young families. Gillian's husband brought Laurence to the library - he is a lovely little boy. To Vespers and Mass - Liz was cantor and Fr Denis celebrated. An excellent talk about vocations from Andrew Gallagher which unusually followed the homily. John Thing in the prayers. We had 7 servers. The Challenor choir murdered Messiah "Since by man came death" Widor Tantum ergo was better and the Terry mass setting was passable. On the way out through the small choir school car park I tripped on the iron fitting in the paving for the gates and knocked my head against the iron gate. Ended up on my back. My left hip is now sore but head is OK. Woke early Sunday and took Ibuprofen and put on arnica and heat - stairs are tricky - it's like a dull ache. Watched Henry VIII part 3 and The Apprentice first part - had seen the rest on Wednesday.

Comments

Peter Simpson said…
Sorry to read about the fall. I hope you make a speedy recovery.
It's still a bit sore Peter. You will recall the metal gates of the choir school car park next to the hall. There is an iron fixing point in the floor which I tripped over and Liz will be telling Bernie about it today! I don't think those gates are ever closed so it could be removed.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil