Pentecost

Saturday morning and back OK so got up and Liz took me in the car. To my horror I was eating bread and nutella and part of my front tooth came out! This is the tooth broken when I had the fall 2 years ago. I already have a dentist's appointment as a big filling came out last week. So now I look like I did when I played Don Basilio with a blacked out tooth! A quiet day as it was the Cup final and 37 messages on email! Set up a heritage display as the Polish books went back and we now have 2 poetry displays matching the excellent BBC4 series. To vespers (smoke) and Mass with Fr Kingsley. In Veni creator at vespers the 3rd line of plainchant was clearly wrong or a different version! We did not get the sequence at Mass nor did we have the Vigil readings. The problem with using the High altar is no exchange of Peace with the priest and giving communion to the servers seems awkward. There is even talk of not giving us the chalice in case of spillage - there are an awful lot of steps! The preparation of gifts definitely takes longer now. We sang "Come down O love divine" and "Come Holy Ghost". Philip was messing about so I told him off and despite rehearsal the boys are very unsure of the new movements for acolytes. My back began to twinge when carrying the cross. Listened to "Flying Dutchman" on radio 3 from Covent Garden with Bryn Terfel and bought more stuff for confirmation do. Watched some of "Mendelssohn in Britain". Nice mackerel and potatos for dinner and John Smiths. Put lots of Coca Cola cans in car for the do. Lots of birds are coming to the feeders in the back garden which is looking lovely - 3 large doves, 12 sparrows, blackbirds and robin. Today is Haydn day on radio 3 - joy! Mornign service from St Paul's Knightbridge features "The Creation". The vicar was funny on "Have I got news for you". I have a Sunday off from Coulsdon as there is an ecumenical service in the park - weather is good!

Comments

Edbowie said…
Is the forward altar gone for good?
They say it's an experiment - I am wondering the same!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil