Sunday at home

Woke at 3 so rose and caught up on emails. Went back to bed and up at 8 a.m. I was practising before service (Walton Orb and sceptre) and Sue (?) came up to the loft and asked if I could keep the sound down as people were wanting quiet to pray. Interesting that Fr Paul and Sean were not there at that stage. Later I noted some loud chatter downstairs. Fr Aidan thanked me afterwards. I played Pilgrims chorus from Tannhauser and Water music. I said nothing but put it on Face Book and informed Paul. I think the solution is to arrive earlier and stop at 10 a.m.and insist Bill does psalm alone from the front. Both ladies missed practice of it before service. The loop still not working.
To Claire's to see Grainne and Dino - kids 7 and 3 Sophia looks older. Had a good chat. Home for lunch and ironed while listening to Chichester Southern cathedrals festival evensong. Searched for my new passport but cannot find it. It cost £80! Sorted out scores and nice chicken dinner with wine and baked apples. Listened to free Prom NYO Vaughan Williams Toward the unknown region with UCL full score, Turnage new work Friezes and Beethoven 9. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil