An interview!

Woke up too early - still have Wagner on the brain! Swam 20 - the pool was busy! To British Library to finish what could be looked up there. Shopped at M & S St Pancras and got the train back to East Croydon. Arrived early at St Matthew's but the caretaker let me in. 3 ladies interviewed me about undertaking the spiritual direction course over years on 2nd Fridays. Went well.  I had bought flowers and chocs for Liz for the 39th anniversary tomorrow. Put shopping away and then off to the preProm talk with the composer Naresh Sohal. We heard string quartet extracts and an attractive song. John East gave me some details for the reunion yearbook.The commissioned by Sohal was attractive. Rachmaninov Piano concerto no. 3 very well played by Nikolai Lugansky but the miniature score was very small. I was drooping for Tchaikovsky 5th. Finished late but we were home by midnight. Apparently the young man we met last night is Nicholas and he is to study organ at the Academy and be scholar at All Saints Margaret Street! He comes from Catford. I told Dennis Baugh about the vacancy there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil