Parsifal

I added Dermot (died aged 92) and Mum and Dad to the cathedral prayer list last night. I played Dad's pieces and we sang Father hear the prayer which we had at our wedding and My God accept my heart to St Botolph which Dad set as a confirmation anthem. The programmes for the recitals are ready to print and Hayley took them and discussed the organ Mass for Sept 29th. Home for lunch and to talk on Parsifal. Stephen Fry seemed to defend Christian content but then said Christ was not mentioned in the libretto which is clearly incorrect. The Prom was excellent and Mark Elder conducted. The Halle youth choir and Trinity boys were in the gallery near me and did really well. I dropped the torch at one point - a sure sign of sleeping! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil