Torch!

Swam 20. To Glyn Close and cleared garage a bit. Carpet cleaner came. Took chair and keyboard home -I will use the chair in my study. To Bromley library to get scores. Having returned 4, the ones I wanted came from the stack and I found the Gorecki on the shelf. There was then a problem as it seemed I had 9 out but the Bruch had definitely been returned and the stack ones I had just returned could not be found. In the end I got the 4 I wanted and the £1 charge was waived. All took ages! Home to work on dissertation and lunch. Liz went shopping. I went to the talk which was works by Charlotte Seither. She also had a piece in the concert - not worth bothering with any of it. Stravinsky and Brahms violin concerto. No sign of Clive Nettelton. Before the concert the same darkhaired steward who spoke to me at Gotterdammerung commented on using the torch to follow the score. She said some people complained because they thought it was a mobile phone! I said the lighting needed improving and I had complained for the last 2 years about it with no response. I also pointed out that people needed torches to read programmes and libretti. I only used the torch for Petroushka as that was small. It was all about annoying and I sent complaints to the Hall and the BBC.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil