John East

Had a lie-in reading MacCulloch History of Christianity which is excellent! Found another box in shed containing front room photos and decorations. Spent ages choosing 52 photos to be printed off very cheaply by Starfish. Missed train as I had forgotten my hearing aids and there was a delay getting parked. Dashed to cathedral and just ready in time. Picked up the cope to put on Fr Michael Q and was informed it was not a feast day. I said "Oh really?" Of course Baptism of the Lord is a feast day! As I went to put the cope back they left for vespers which I thought very rude as I always go to vespers. Any way rehearsed acolytes and communion torches with the 4 youngsters. It transpired Fr M had hurt his shoulder and I had to carry the gospel book for him. Peter played Jupiter from the Planets brilliantly at the end. John East met us and we found Cafe Rouge was being rebuilt so we walked to Uno and had a lovely Italian meal. I had pizza with asparagus and tiramisu. We showed him the photos from the reunion. Woke early Sunday and sent Paul a message about the incident - it really is not acceptable to be so arbitrary. If the real reason was Fr Michael's shoulder why not say so and why did they not swop around? Derek Hyett was ordained deacon Saturday at Chiswick but decided not to go. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil