Military chaplains

Tuesday went to Acton to get her hair cut and she was fine. I went to Holloway Road to the Dialogue society for the first time for a Faith Matters meeting with military chaplains. The Anglican chaplain did not show but we heard from the first imam now MBE and very impressive he was too. Hugo Clarke of the Curzon Institute challenged us on how we should commemorate WW1 centenary this year focusing on commonwealth soldiers. The discussion was rather dominated by some Jews and somebody wanting humanist chaplains. The Dutch idea of interfaith chaplains does not appeal - RCS would not like it nor would Muslims. Only 1% of the force declare a faith but my point is that chaplains do serve all. I got a bus to Finsbury Park, tube and train to Acton where they were watching the awful Nigella Lawson. Wed babysat Sean and took him to Acton church playgroup. I did go in the church but the person on duty scowled at me so I left. We had lunch at Osterley garden centre and they played on the soft play. Ciaran went to swimming with Liz. Evensong was from Peterborough. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil