The Railway Man

Set off to Selhurst. As I was backing into the parking place which I have done 1000s of times knocked the bumper of a BMW. I was so cross as I do not think he left me enough space but I can't prove that he did not move back. I was shocked at how cross I was. The upshot was that he rang today and I agreed to pay £200 directly to the mechanic rather than involve insurance - I would have to pay £150 any way. I am usually calm in these circumstances but I suppose I was recalling incidents when others have knocked my car and spoken of gentleman's agreements and then one finds they have given false details. To Clapham Picture house to see The Railway Man (only £4.50!) That certainly put a small knock to a bumper in context. Such appalling treatment of prisoners of war but then came the reconciliation which was very moving. Colin Firth and Nichole Kidman acted out their silent encounters so well. Definitely a must see picture although I can see why Liz did not want to go. Liz went over to Acton after her class to get her keys. I went to Brendan's for council meeting but only 3 there but it was a useful discussion.
Friday swam 15 as I was late at the pool. Strange there was hardly anyone there yesterday! Updated the Westminster Interfaith blog and started on the article for Xavier. Renewed The Tablet. Sent off the used organ music via Hermes to Liverpool. The car thing was solved by the guy insisting on going to insurance which actually helped me for the moment as the excess doe snot apply if there is no damage to my car! The problem may be that the premium goes up.
To Streatham mosque (at last) and Mr Ijaz fully in favour of conversations and a mixed group on Thursdays. Now have to wait for their meeting next month to finally decide but looking positive. Nice tea and biscuits and met the imam again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil