Advent 1

played Willan on Bristol and St Stephen and Peeters on St Stephen. At the end Bach Wachet auf. Kyries from Missa Camino by Paul Hutchings went well. We sang a hymn I did not know "From glory to glory advancing" tune Sheen by Holst (NEH). Before service Leon appeared to check when the Kyries would be sung. I was amazed to see him take down the notice about quiet during voluntaries as it had been agreed and he left a new list of hymns for Advent. I spoke to Bill who confirmed the ladies had joined St James to sing an anthem at the earlier service. I came away. Apple pie for lunch. Lovely Advent service at St John's -  we sang Howells Gloucester Magnificat, Richard Lloyd and Richard Rodney Bennett and listened to Bach. Dennis was there and got panto tickets. Watched antiques roadshow, Simon Reeve in Ireland, The Hunt. Uploaded rest of holiday photos. I wasn't able to go on the climate change march.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil