Remembrance Sunday

A rather mixed day. I played Solemn melody, Elgar For the fallen and Nimrod and St Anne fugue. These were spoilt by the new choir member Shirley laughing and joking which upset me a lot. I spoke to Bill about it and he seemed unaware. Also told Leon and we are meeting tomorrow. I said nothing to Shirley which was perhaps just as well as she left with the Williams. The act of remembrance was very low key and in the porch which made it impossible to hear. I did hear the intro to the National anthem but I only played 2 verses and the people sang verse 3 unaccompanied and went very flat. 19 in church. No Last Post. After lunch worked on invites for next year and have 5 speakers so far Catholic, Anglican, humanist, Muslim and Jewish. I went to evensong. Adrian not there and Bridget talks too much. She did not rehearse the section of the Stanford which  I pointed out was not together so the same thing happened at the service in the Nunc. We sang Holy is the true light - no attempt at pp at the end. Andrew was singing far too loudly and Kathy was offkey. To Christ's chapel Dulwich for recital by Anthony Burns-Cox from Romsey. He did not have his scores ready and wasted time arranging page turns with Marilyn Harper.Norman very chatty about Nick Gale. It wasn't a full hour and very short pieces. Did not stay for refreshments and home for the last Downton and Mary remarries! Edith's romance wrecked by Mary. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil