Car

The brake lights failed on the car so it has been public transport since Friday evening. I went to Coulsdon on the train and had a long organ practise before choir practice. As there is no choral evensong this month because various people cannot make the dates suggested, we do not need practices on 2 Fridays. Today I went by train to work. The computers were off all day (pre-arranged) so it was very quiet and I cleared a large backlog of local papers. I cut out items about Battersea. it is shocking how many murders and gang-related incidents there are. Not much good news! I got to the Cathedral in time to be in the congregation for Vespers - normally I am in my servers robes for this. Good to have the 2 Pauls to serve at the diocesan confirmation. Came home on the train and bus with Liz and we watched some snooker while eating pizzas.
I felt so sad this morning - I was thinking about how I need cuddles and love and the tender touch of my Mum when I was a little boy. I think it was saying goodbye to Dennis who had stayed overnight. How much love there is in our family! God be praised for it!
Monday is a holiday here and we go to Bournemouth to sing in the 3 Pearson churches festival at St Stephen's. We are going on the coach. Tuesday the car will hopefully be fixed in time for me to set off to Chepstow and Tintern.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil