Charles Spencer

On bus and tube to Baker Street. Nice toasted cakes and coffee at Weatherspoons and we later had a good burger and beer there for lunch. 10.30 a.m. rehearsal and I slipped on the riser on the stage - wooden and not clearly marked and slippery. My left shoulder bruised, neck and side aches a bit and right shin has scabs where it got skinned. At the time I thought I was OK! The sopranos consistently sang flat so I got on the back row with David from Brighton and Peter! Actually the concert was much better and it was lovely to see Norbert Balatsch and meet his wife. Lots of faces from the past including Keith Chaundy, John Sims, Liz Letsky and Pat Stephens. Fiona, Pam, Eleanor, Muriel and the Shirasses were singing. Nice to do Shepherd's farewell in French. Vivaldi Gloria and Faure Requiem and everyone singing Hallelujah chorus. The conductor Robert was not very good. It was interesting to change the Charles Mackerras room. I took 2 photos from Orange and put them on the display which was Prom Musica chorus. Germaine cannot see and Balatsch has macular. I offered the family to show them the Fidelio rehearsal video. Reception downstairs and wine and chocolate which Charles loved. Good to chat to Jean and Chris. Same way home. Watched The Apprentice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil