Liszt

No Mass today as I was due to see Dr Ojo at 10 and in fact very short wait. He took out stitches but two come out on Friday. He gave me wipes and cream. To St Michael's for  a disappointing recital especially as I seldom get there. Saw Howard and Dorio. Why did Enrico Presti play so much unusual music with no respite? The Shostakovich, Bossi, Liszt and Respighi he played very unrepresentative of their work and so discordant. I got my glasses adjusted at Boots and got the cream for my arm. To Fairfield collection at Museum of Croydon -  a few interesting picture and items. i plan to send in my memories of the hall. Got to the hall early and it was damp so chatted. The preprom talk on orchestration by Liszt and Ravel given by David Owen Norris was excellent and enlightening and I took a fresh look at the scores. Really enjoyed the Liszt and Mussorgsky prom especially after the preprom talk. Forget the Julian Anderson which is not a piano concerto.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil