Brilliant playing

 Thinking about music and what a comfort it is!! Nazareth Community walk with Catherine in St John's Wood - been there quite a lot over the years and sharing the music we all love. WMUK summit with the wonderful Prof De'Sa. To St John's for a superb recital of Russian cello music by Constantin Macherel and Frederic Bager. The Shostakovich cello sonata so moving and consoling. Real attack in the Schnittke even stamping his foot and so difficult. Prokofiev sonata exciting! Bravo!! It took my mind off the stress of the last few days and nights. B. Great family meal and birthday cake for Liz. Photos removed at Dennis's request. Watched Lord Mayor's show and Royal British Legion festival of remembrance. Had such a nice chat to Ciaran. He has settled well at Gunnersbury school. He draws well and did his homework.

Remembrance Sunday up early. Steve came to practise the trumpet and organ sections. He was not on good form and several fluffs. I told him there is no christingle this year. He says Whyteleafe are after him and it seems Sam has offered his services to us. I was upset by Noel who insisted on 10 minutes ringing between the two services so I spoke to Jerry and in fact it worked but I could have done without that especially as I had put in writing what was agreed. I played GTB Elegy, Nimrod, Solemn melody and For the fallen. Pie Jesu went well with 4 singers. I did my best to insist on open vowels! Practised Moonlight on the grand piano. Anti-war presentation was rather overtaken by more stuff about Nov 28. I am pretty fed up. Excellent Root and Branch synod zoom and joined a small Southwark group. Strictly. I cooked. Old Antiques roadshow on WWII. Woodwork.

Monday SM, B and S. We both went to Caterham for the funeral. I was unusually nervous beforehand. The Moonlight was OK if not perfect. The bars that had really worried me went alright. I just found some notes were not sounding! Livestreaming didn't help. The hymns and Karg-Elert were fine. Had coffee with women Freemasons. To the Fox for an excellent lunch with free prosecco worth £20. Liz is 74. Chocs from Bruce. Scallops, beef bourguinon, chocolate brownie and cappucino. To Matalan and got proper shirts. Furious with Rizwan interfering again. SMITF contemplation with Catherine. Balham Catenians. Missed SMITF lecture. Zoom about Lifting the lid - June and Jeremy there.

Tuesday we have a Jewish representative who will light a menorah candle. Brilliant. Sarah has come back with a long list of people and places for a revised video. Why could we not have had this months ago? I closed the bookings at 88 places and put up our Covid requirements. I have put my foot down about the seating, masks, vaccination or negative Covid test. Bruce will do a rota for the front door. At least I got agreement to carry on with the video and revise it later but Sarah will have to do the work. I wonder if she will actually release the archives? The post COP seminar was excellent and featured Sr Kate on great form. Quiet time. SMITF creation group was good as well with a powerful message from Sam echoing Pope Francis. Only connect and University challenge. The real blow was Jack wanting more money but he withdrew that. It seems he was there 11 to 7 although Sarah said it was 11 to 5. He wanted to buy a DVD player but I said use mine. Really tired.

Wed swim somewhat spoilt by seeing a part of Rizwan's message. The real problem is Bruce being libertarian. That's all very well but when our lives are in danger? I think not. Sisters of Sion Fr Michael on Luke and an ecological slant to it which was fascinating. Meditation, Rizwan's wife is not coming because she agrees with Bruce. I have stated that I will not attend unless proper precautions are in place. Piano and a walk in cold sunshine. Gresham on Polish reactions to the holocaust. Discussion with Sarah and Rizwan about postponing the event. Rizwan dominated the discussion completely and seemed very reluctant to give up his section. In effect the programme has collapsed with no children, no dancing and an incomplete video. We meet on Monday. Carmody Grey from Leeds.

Thursday woke up feeling like a huge burden had been lifted from my shoulders. Julian rang and I got annoyed. He was questioning why we had planned it when we knew there was COVID. I said we should not discuss it further at this point. Later I sent an email asking how much time he had spent already and saying we would pay for that out of the deposit and then cancel the contract. He really does need to learn how to speak to clients! Long chat to Sarah. So much so I forgot all about art group! Balbir and Teresa supporting my position. Nice chat to Alan. We do have insurance. Walked in the garden. Churches trust talk on Brunelleschi's dome. Zoom event from King's college hospital. I spoke about the Common Good using the Bishops' document only Varsha and Mariano mentioned it. Both Muslims told us the 5 tenets of Islam but did not link them to the theme! Gresham on social realist music Prommers chat. Anne-Marie on being born again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil