Day 2 at Balham

Today not allowed to walk down Whitehorse Lane - have to go round says policeman but does not say go via Ross Road or Whitworth Road so I walk down Egerton Road to the scene of the crime! Police let me through and take my name and address! 30 lengths - Marvin passed his French exam. My first 9 to 8 for 10 years! Saw HT and SP. Put out flowers in library and changed labels to my name. Threw out some stuff but there is loads to do. To Sainsburys at lunch time - it is huge and eventually found the cappuccino and biscuits which I ought to try and give up for Lent! Very pleasant young man on checkout. In the evening weeded fiction 4 bays - the whole library needs doing! Informed a casual that I needed a full hour of shelving from her. Home by about 8.45 and delicious pancakes with hot fruit sauce. Produced notices for interfaith group. Printer would not work - turned out there was a pen in the paper feed! Dennis and AnnMarie arrived from Burnley very late. Sent email to chorus withdrawing from Beethoven concerts in London and Spain but continuing with MacMillan. It is a compromise. I cannot have Liz so upset. There is much to put up with at the moment - new job and trouble at church and chorus. Have I done the right thing by applying for this job? I think so because the staff do the work and I have a different role now. Priorities are to get to know the staff, weed, clear up the displays, get to know customers - I have already met the MILAP group. Sent thank you cards to BTP and photos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil