Valentine's day

Woke early so did music list for March. Liz liked her card and love bugs and she gave me a lovely card with fridge magnet and book about husbands. Arrived at church to find chairs removed and nowhere for me to sit next to the organ. Cleared bookcase and moved keyboard downstairs. All this disruption made me a little tetchy and I was outraged when choir member walked out of the vestry in the middle of practising the anthem! And I moaned about the talking too. Any way the Rutter "The Lord bless you and keep you" went well and I played Toccata and Fugue in D minor with great panache after my St Paul's and Catford experiences. Bought Fairtrade stuff including fish jigsaw shapes for CiarĂ¡n and cleared up and practised. Transferring tape to CD using new device - Hereford and Worcester with Dad and me playing in 1985!
Delightful M & S meal (£20) pink champagne, pate starter, steak and salad, chocolate puddings, cherry liqueurs, Cointreau. Songs of Praise made me cry - Mum's favourite hymn "In heavenly love abiding" and lovely Evesham church. The choir featured RSCM and Lindsey Gray. Lark Rise and Dimbleby on treasures of Britain. Big discussion about chorus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil