Lent 1

The frustrations of running anything at the Cathedral! The newsletter again carries Mary Maxwell's item about contacting her to join a Lent group. I went to a lot of trouble to inform the secretary of the times and leaders of the groups. Neither of the Wednesday groups appears in the calendar which means that unless people read the posters they will not know about them! I printed off some leaflets for Liz to take. Bobbie's new book "Love, revenge and buttered scones" is absorbing. MacMillan CD seems reluctant to play.
Alarmed at Coulsdon to see plastice coming off top of pipes and more splits in the plastic which clearly too thin as it is ballooning. Worse there is no covering between the case and the arch above so I spoke to Bob, Peter, Martin Cross and the churchwarden. It must be sorted before they do any more cleaning down. It will need scaffolding.
We sang Psalm 91, Turn thy face by Attwood and Wood in Phrygian mode - only 5 singers plus me! Hymns were 40 days, What a friend we have in Jesus, Jesu lover of my soul and O Jesus I have promised to the Beaumont tune. I played Willan and Peeters on Aberyswyth. Molly practised and so did I.
At Compline I played Willan's Fugal trilogy 1 and 3 which were favourite pieces of Dad's. In fact his copy is well thumbed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil