Second Sunday of Lent

To Coulsdon where we sang Psalm 27 and Farrant's "Hide not thou thy face" and I played the Lasceux Fugue in G minor. The organ cover coming away at the bottom on the nave side and I saw more dirt in the chamber. I was putting things downstairs when Vickie came along in tears. She had spoken to Molly's brothers about their behaviour in church and this had led to uproar. Any way I advised giving it time and was pleased to find Molly had not gone home. Long chat to Catharine and Molly and then practised Buxtehude and Bach. I did my best to help and rang Vickie in the evening. There have clearly been previous incidents with the boys and their behaviour. Quick lunch and Dennis set off for the hospital. I parked at Selhurst (it was very wet) and got a fast train to Victoria and then a 24 bus as Warren Street station was closed. 3 hours of working on MacMillan detail. Buses back to Victoria and bought lilies for Liz. Trains cancelled because of flood at Clapham and got a train to East Croydon which was much delayed. Then a train to Norwood Junction and bus to Selhurst. In all 2 hours 20 minutes getting home. Watched Lark Rise and 7 ages of Britain. Liz still furious about MacMillan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil