Helene and Provincial council




Liz served at the funeral Mass for Helene La Rue. I had to stay at work due to staff shortages. Fr Peter celebrated the Mass and lots of old friends were there. I played for Jo La Rue's funeral. She loved music and danced in "Job" for Vaughan Williams. She knew Dom Gregory Murray and Holst. Helene looked after the Bate collection of musical instruments in Oxford and was a kind and delightful host when I sang in the concerts at the Sheldonian. She helped so much with the organ tours as she knew all the organ scholars. Lunch with her at St Cross College was a delight. I shall miss her so much. She sang in the choir every Sunday and played the organ when needed. She stood in for Easter Vigil for me at Addiscombe when I had my knee op. The set psalm today was "Horse and rider he has thrown into the sea!" as for the Vigil. She was only 55. May she rest in peace. I will go to the memorial service in Oxford.I am so pleased to have found these photos of her from the first organists association vsiit to Oxford!
To Petts Wood and Austin Barradell kindly gave me a lift to the Redlibbets Golf club near Sevenoaks. His car has a route finder facility! The Provincial Council meeting was pretty dull with much repetition. Norwood's 1000th meeting was mentioned several times (Feb 9, 2009). It all went on too long! Ever watched paint dry?
The organs are top the digital at Our lady of the Annucniation, Addiscombe where I played for 19 years and Liverpool Anglican cathedral.

Comments

Barry said…
Really, how can you say that Provincial Council meetings are boring? Watching paint dry can be quite fun - better than watching the rain falling. Though having said that Julia and I are in sunny San Jose, I am working and she is on holiday. It did rain last Wednesday, a mssibe 0.02 inches which would come as some relief to the poor souls who are floodede out at present.
Peace and blessings
Barry and Julia Mellish
Enjoy your holiday!
clairelr said…
thank you for your kind comments about my aunty helene and my grand mother josephine, it is always nice to hear people's happy memories of them. granny is still very much missed and now helene is too.

I guess i will meet you at the memorial service in oxford after term starts.
Claire La Rue.
Dear Claire, Please let me know when this service is - I must NOT miss it! I wish I could have been at the funeral. I think often of Jo and Helene!
clairelr said…
when i find out the details i will send them on to you. i know that it will be in oxford and will take place once term has started so that students can attend but at the moment i don't think anything has been officially arranged. will let you know when i find out.
Claire.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil