First Night of the Proms

What a great concert! Jiri Belohlavek proved to be an inspiring conductor directing Beethoven 9 without the score. Walton Portsmouth Point overture got the season off to a rousing start and Paul Watkin played the Elgar Cello concerto with great feeling. How he perspired as one could see on the HDD recording when I got home. I was on a lot being right behind the trombones and between Andrew and Gerald both much taller than me! I saw Peter in the Prom queue and had a long chat, also John East gave me a wave from the choir. Wasn't impressed by the soprano but Rene Pape was commanding! Enjoyed the sunshine in the park - it was a pleasant evening. On the bus met a nice man who plays in an amateur orchestra and really enjoyed the performance. Like me he met his wife through music making! Liz picked me up at East Croydon so I was home by 11 p.m.

Comments

I can't remember either Sophia but i think you are right - it was at teh Festival Hall! It was stunning!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil