Hospitals and Sacred

My "day off" was a busy one. Visited Grandma (89 next month) in Mayday hospital and she is still waiting for news. To St Michael's for recital by Paul Stubbings of Ramsgate. He alternated Nicholas Choveuax with Karg-Elert's Triptych which was effective. To British Library where 13 of us were given a tour of "Sacred" exhibition by Simon. Delighted by the turnout and comments and photos were taken for Oremus the Cathedral's excellent magazine! Nice cup of tea on the piazza and discovered the Proms exhibition had closed. To Guys hospital to see Roger Snewin 70 year old organist and former head teacher. Richard Riley and Mario Pinto were there. We had to wear aprons and gloves as he has lung cancer and crushed spine so cannot walk. He is so cheerful despite it all!
Home to listen to splendid Bruckner 7 from the Proms conducted by Kurt Masur on his 80th birthday!
Today Thursday forgot my towel and swim stuff so found out when I got to Sainsbury's so my swim was somewhat shorter. Andrew said he saw me walking back home! Have not done that before. keen readers of the blog will realise I do tire myself out! To the park at lunchtime and reading Fr Michael Seed's disturbing autobiography.
Now listening to Gliere's 3rd symphony from the Proms - 80 minutes! Eric my friend from the library who is Dutch wants to go to the Proms tomorrow so I will take him. He practises his English on me and is quite direct - I like that!

Comments

Now the swim without swimming togs intrigues me. What a sight to behold perhaps!
Graeme
Well not unattractive I hope as I'm in pretty good shape after all those swims! Of course I meant that I went home to get my towel and wash stuff - I wear my trunks to the pool under my trousers - it's quicker as I like to do the lengths on my back so need to get the quiet bit of the pool althoguh some days it's like Piccadilly Circus!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil