Freddie Baldwin

Short swim, then left car for Liz to have when she returned from Ireland and got train to London Bridge and down to Sidcup for the funeral of Freddie Baldwin. Over 200 packed the lovely church. The music was provided by a competent pianist/organist. A great gathering of Catenians! Splendid eulogies and a fine family. Freddie and Milly were married for 63 years. He had 2 strokes and fought back from near death to regain speech and singing! He represented among others Christine Keeler. Such a happy friendly man! The priest remarked how he would say "Bonjour" at the kiss of peace to get you to smile! God bless him and his family.
I returned to work and decided not to go to Provincial Council meeting in Sittingbourne as I would have been late for the installation! Liz returned home safely and there were yellow tulips to greet her. She brought me a lovely red tie and whiskey truffles!

Comments

Padre Rob+ said…
Good news to hear your wife has returned home; and, what a good husband. Enjoy your reunion.

I will say a prayer for the repose of Freddie's soul.
Dear PadreRob, Thanks for your comments. I try my best but I have my failings like everyone else! I'm not much of a cook, I forget to do chores, but I love people and that's what matters! My Mum and Dad really loved each other and all of us for 65 years and that is a great lesson to me every day. How I miss them! Yes Freddie was a great man - like my Dad and that's the highest compliment I could give! God bless!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil