Organs and water and glass



A picture of the water feature in our garden which we cleaned up this weekend!
Today I went to Coulsdon to discuss a revision of my contract. I am to have 6 Sundays off which is a good idea because I need the rest! I went to St Michael's for the first of the new season of lunchtime organ recitals. Edward Batting played Elgar, Buxtehude, Bach and Reger very well but there was an overuse of the reeds which left my ears buzzing! How important it is in a recital to have variety of sounds. I saw him briefly and he said he did not know about Montepulciano this year.He played last year for the Faure and Mozart on the chorus trip.
I popped into Waterstones and the new swish Wesley Owen Christian book shop. The new glass panels for the dining room tables came and we battled to get the new hose together. The picture shows Bruce with the table which is in 3 sections. The middle glass panel suddenly shattered last November and insurance have paid for 3 new panels. Liz went to a farewell for one of the catechists in Belgravia and I watched "The Apprentice" and a tribute to Rider Haggard. I loved his books when I was a boy - "King Solomon's mines" "She". Interesting that many men use the expression "She who must be obeyed" about their wives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil